United Methodist Women
Leadership Team Meets Fri., May 10th, 9:00 a.m., in Smoot Hall
- DELL Circle – 3rd Wed, 1:00 p.m., Fellowship Hall. Leader,
- Mary Martha Circle – 2nd Tues, 1:00 p.m., Fellowship Hall. Leader, Jackie Mobed
- Sarah Circle – LAST Tues, 6 p.m., Smoot Hall. Co-Leaders, Suellen Dolson, Bluette Henriksen
- The UMW Book Club – 4th Thursday, 10:00 a.m., Library. Leader, Lynn Thornton
The 2nd Annual Tea was an event for the record books!
Over 100 ladies gathered, in “proper” tea attire and beautiful hats, at tables artfully set by 15 hostesses, to have tea, scones, sweets and savories; hear a lovely “Tea Cup Story” that shows how through trials, fear and pain we can become a beautiful “vessel” for imparting the love of Jesus; and reminisce about the storybook dolls of our childhood. UMM not only served, but offered their arm to escort the ladies to their tables. Tina Trowbridge voluntarily ran the kitchen and oversaw the proper serving of each course. For her efforts a Gift in Mission was presented in her name to United Methodist Women (District). Most beautiful table prize was presented to Kathe Wilson and Bev Anderson, with most beautiful hat prize to Yvonne Ahrens.
Tues, June 18 – We are participating in the UMOM “Read to Me Program” and will travel to UMOM by church bus to read to the children—this is an evening program, from 6 to about 7. You may go with us even if you do not plan to read and we will have sign ups. We will collect new and gently used children’s books and “bedtime snacks” (animal crackers, snack foods, etc) to take with us. Plans are to leave church at 4 or 4:30. More details coming!
LOOKING FORWARD: PUT THESE ON YOUR CALENDAR
- Sat., Oct. 5, Craft Fair (Jackie Mobed, chair; 623-544-8305, (18 tables already assigned!)
- Fri., Oct. 18, Annual Salad Luncheon (we invite several of our sister churches to join us)
- Fri/Sat., Nov 1, 2 – Annual Rummage Sale (Susan Briner, Chair; 574-323-4470)
It is never too early to plan for the Rummage Sale. It’s spring cleaning time, so don’t forget to clean out your jewelry boxes. Baskets are in the narthex.