United Methodist Women
Leadership Team Meets Fri., March 8, 9:00 a.m., in Smoot Hall
- DELL Circle – 3rd Wed, 1:00 p.m., Fellowship Hall. Leader,
- Mary Martha Circle – 2nd Tues, 1:00 p.m., Fellowship Hall. Leader, Jackie Mobed
- Sarah Circle – LAST Tues, 6 p.m., Smoot Hall. Co-Leaders, Suellen Dolson, Bluette Henriksen
- The UMW Book Club – 4th Thursday, 10:00 a.m., Library. Leader, Lynn Thornton
Lakeview United Methodist Women’s 2nd Annual Tea – Fri., Mar. 22 11:30 a.m. Smoot Hall.
All ladies of Lakeview are invited to come and bring a friend! Wear your best “tea party” outfit (hat, gloves and feather boa optional!), fellowship with other women, hear a special “tea cup” devotion, enjoy finger sandwiches, scones with lemon curd and clotted cream and dainty desserts.
You MUST RSVP for this event! United Methodist Men will be serving. We will be discussing Mission u which will be held at Lakeview in late July. As hosts, we will be providing two meals and snacks and handling registration. First UMC United Methodist Women, Sun City, will be co-hosting with us, and they will be our invited guests at the Tea Party.
Would you like to “hostess” a table for tea?
- Being a hostess would ONLY require setting and decorating a table for eight (no actual serving):
- Provide table settings for 8 (8 luncheon/salad plates, cups and saucers, napkins – paper or fabric!)
- A decorative centerpiece
- Setting the table early on the day of the event (leadership team will be available to assist)
All glassware, cutlery, table cloths/coverings drinks and food will be provided by the Lakeview Unit. A great opportunity to break out those pretty dishes you never use! We have several tables already spoken for, so don’t wait!
The Leadership Team has been discussing a variety of mission possibilities and seeking programs that might be interesting and relevant for use at our Circle Meetings and Unit Meetings. If you have any suggestions, please provide a contact name and phone number to your Circle Leaders.
March 23, Day of Giving: Legacy Fund – United Methodist Women continues to build upon the foundation set by our founders almost 150 years ago. In 2014, the Board of Directors launched the Legacy Fund Endowment Campaign, setting a goal to raise $60 million. Together, we are building our legacy, celebrating the legacy of the courageous women who founded this mission movement, as well as the legacy that today’s members will leave for future generations of United Methodist women, to carry the mission of faith, hope, love in action forward in the world for years to come. For detailed information about the Legacy Program
Fri., April 19, 9:00 a.m., (Good Friday) – Annual Sacrificial Breakfast. Meditative reflections on the events of Easter with a simple repast of coffee, water, hot cross buns. EVERYONE INVITED!
Remember the Following Dates:
- October 7 – Craft Fair
- November 1 & 2 – Rummage Sale