United Methodist Women
Leadership Team Meets Fri., July 19th, 9:00 a.m., in Smoot Hall
- DELL Circle – 3rd Wed, 1:00 p.m., Fellowship Hall. Leader,
- Mary Martha Circle – 2nd Tues, 1:00 p.m., Fellowship Hall. Leader, Jackie Mobed
- Sarah Circle – LAST Tues, 6 p.m., Smoot Hall. Co-Leaders, Suellen Dolson, Bluette Henriksen
- The UMW Book Club – 4th Thursday, 10:00 a.m., Library. Leader, Lynn Thornton
SUMMER MISSION PROJECT ROAD TRIP, Tues, June 18
What a rewarding trip we had to UMOM and participating in Their READ TO ME program! Susan Briner, Donna Petterson, and Marty Merryman of the UMW Leadership Team, plus Cindy McFadden, Alexis Hall, Bonnie Weppner, Connie and Jon Groff, Jean and Fred Jameson, and our faithful bus driver, Mike Merryman. Lakeview and UMW members donated books, snacks and some personal care items for the center.
The Leadership Team provided a picnic supper. READ TO ME happens every Tuesday
night at UMOM New Day Child Care Center where volunteers read age-appropriate books to children, and interact with the kids from ages 4 – 12 who reside in UMOM housing. Donated books are spread throughout the tables for the children to choose to read and they each get two books to take home with them.
Donna read and talked to Jabu, Susan read to a lively 4-year old Lawrence. Mike and Fred acted as “hall monitors.” About 70 volunteers showed up to read to about 35 kids!
Mission u, Fri. and Sat, Aug. 2, 3
2019 Theme “Changing the World With GRACE”
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. ~ Peter 4:10
Lakeview United Methodist Women will be hosting this two-day event at Lakeview. The event opens at about 1 p.m. on Aug 2; we will have some class time, dinner and worship.
On Saturday there will an arts and crafts project, more class time, lunch, and worship. We NEED OUR MEMBERS TO STEP UP AND ASSIST with: registration (mostly seated), serving dinner on Friday; morning snacks and lunch on Saturday! And as “helpers” for some of the classes.
ALL are invited to partake in the studies. Our unit is generous—if you are a member of UMW (on the roll of one of the circles), WE WILL PAY YOUR REGISTRATION!
Study books may be purchased via Amazon as a book or as a download for your electronic device. Registration forms are available in the Church Office; please complete and leave in the UMW box!
The three studies this year are:
- Practicing Resurrection: The Gospel of Mark and Radical Discipleship (author Janet Wolf), a deep dive into the Gospel of Mark.
- Women United for Change: 150 Years in Mission (author Ellen Blue), the inspiring story of United Methodist Women’s history, in honor of our 150th Anniversary.
- What About Our Money? A Faith Response (author Susan K. Taylor), a study of the connection between our faith and our money.