Comin’ Soon…School Backpack Drive
Our annual School Backpack Drive will begin July 7 and end July 21st
The Mission and Outreach Committee will be collecting school supplies to fill backpacks for students at El Mirage Elementary School. These packs will be given to the Food Bank to distribute.
School supplies are expensive, and you can help local families by donating these supplies. Some general supplies include no. 2 pencils, box of 24 Pack crayons, glue sticks, tissues, washable markers, pink erasers, Fiskar blunt tip scissors, wide ruled spiral bound notebooks, and pocket folders.
For specific ideas, you can go to Dysart.org and search for optional school supply lists.
Jan Heinzerling is chairing this project. If you see any good bargains on backpacks, please give her a call.
Items Needed for Back to School Bags:
- Crayola Crayons (the teachers prefer this brand)
- Regular Pencils No. 2 pencils and erasers
- Colored Pencils and Colored Markers
- Scissors (safety and blunt edge tips)
- Protractor and Compass Set
- Rulers, Elmers’ Glue, Pencil Box, Binder Pouch, 3 Ring Binder
- Pocket Calculator and Dividers, Notebooks and folders
- Notepaper (wide or college ruled)
- Highlighters, Black/blue pens
- Back Packs (all sizes)