HABITAT FOR HUMANITY CAMPAIGN
The Lakeview UMC Missions Committee has again selected Habitat for Humanity as one opportunity for members and friends to support local missions outreach. Our annual Habitat giving campaign will run throughout September. Habitat coin banks and giving envelopes are available in the sanctuary foyer and church office.
Missions and Outreach has an exciting event planned for September 19th’s TNT. Two guests from Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona (our local affiliate) will speak.
- Andrea Northrop, Faith Relations Manager will provide a brief overview of what the local Habitat chapter has accomplished and is currently working on.
- Jessica Ruemler is not only a Habitat employee, but also a recipient of one of their homes. She will be providing testimony as to how Habitat has impacted the life of her family.
Please join us for this TNT event. And thank you for your continued support of our Missions and Outreach.
- Donations are due by Sunday, October 6.
- Habitat qualifies for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit up to $400/person, $800/couple.
- Habitat guest speaker scheduled for TNT on September 19.
- Visit Habitat’s website
Thank you for your continued support of LUMC’s missions efforts.
Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona
Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona is, according to their website, “a Christian, non-profit organization, committed to providing affordable housing opportunities to families of modest means. Habitat partners with people of all faiths, religions, beliefs and backgrounds in order to help provide a hand up to others.”
As many of you are aware, Lakeview United Methodist Church has supported Habitat for Humanity in the West Valley for a number of years. Through our missions giving and volunteerism we have assisted in providing dozens of affordable homes to less fortunate local families. To continue to support Habitat’s efforts, this year’s giving campaign will be during the month of September.
Beginning Sunday, September 1 traditional Habitat for Humanity giving “houses” and envelopes will be available in the foyer of the sanctuary. The houses are designed as coin banks to collect any loose change, etc. you may wish to give during the month of September to assist the less fortunate with affordable housing alternatives. Feel free to take an extra one for family, friends, etc. All donations will be due back at the church Sunday, October 6.