Media Ministry 2020 Annual Report
Before the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic we were reaching on average 30 viewers for our weekly services on our YouTube and Facebook broadcasts. In mid March when we closed our campus for in house worship we knew we had to make some serious changes to reach more of our membership and connect with them online.
By mid April our online YouTube viewers of our weekly service had grown to 700 per week, we found that not only were we reaching members but non-members as well. These non-members consisted of past members that had moved out of the area, along with people from all over the U.S., and some from all points of the globe.
Looking for more ways to reach out to those that were in lock down we starting adding more content to our YouTube channel and Facebook along with more opportunities to connect on Zoom. By mid May we were reaching over 1,000 viewers weekly.
As restrictions loosened and churches began opening around the country, our numbers began to slowly decrease to where at the time of this writing we are averaging 450 views per week of our programing via YouTube and Facebook.
At the beginning of October we added the Vimeo streaming platform to our avenues of distribution. In the first month our weekly service videos received an additional 1,600 views or an additional 400 views per week. These are non-member viewers that just came across our Vimeo channel. We are still currently learning and setting up Vimeo to be presented to our members.
In October 2020 we started “hybrid” meetings where those that felt safe and wanted to attend in person could do so and those that did not could still be a part of the meetings via Zoom.
Starting on November 8th we started live streaming our worship service on Facebook, Vimeo and our Website along with continuing to stream on YouTube giving people three more options to view our services live on the platform of their choice.
Also starting in November we added additional Social Media avenues including Instagram and Pinterest to widen our reach to attract new viewers and members.
Looking forward to 2021
Our programing will continue as we are currently along with adding addition content to bring new members to our church whether that is online or in person.
Additional programing for 2021
- Daily Prayer (Devotionals) – These will be from the Pastors along with various Lay people from our church
- All classes (Exercise, Prayer Shawl, Book Club etc..) and all Bible Studies
- All services – Weekly worship services, special worship services, TNT service, Amazing Grays service
- Special events – concerts
- Promotional video about the church and the excitement of Lakeview to attract new members
- Promotional video to aid the Missions and Outreach of the church
- Promotional videos for the different classes and Bible Studies
We have added three additional members to the Media Arts team to ensure we will be able to bring the added content to our members and viewers in 2021.
- Johnson has taken a full time job with Sun City West Recreation where he will be in charge of their media efforts, limiting his time with us here at Lakeview.
- Wilson Hickman is the youngest of the trio and will be graduating from Huntington University school of Video Production in Peoria this coming December.
- Gerald Gribble has a Bachelor in film and video production and recently moved to Glendale from Utah.
- Erin Grace a Social Media specialist that lives about 25 miles north of Seattle in a town called Marysville, Glade was a Firefighter in Marysville before moving to the valley in 1990.
- Of course Toni and Glade will continue in their roles for the Media Arts Team.
If you have suggestions on the content you would like to see or listen to please let us know and we will do everything we can to make it possible.
Your Media Arts Team